My story of how I started drawing and how I started my art business from nothing, has been out there for past couple of years. It has been featured in few articles and I’ve always been very open on sharing it and talking about it.
But there is a part of my story, of what made me who I am which I haven’t spoken about yet... If you are looking for a pleasant & boring story, this won’t be for you.
People tend to make assumptions. We also like to present ourselves from the good side and we often aim to talk about good, rather than bad things. I’ve always been open sharing my experiences and struggles as an artist as well as a woman, as those are integral parts of what shapes me as human.
I’m building up the courage to speak up. I do worry sometimes that my story will be bigger and more emotional than I expected. My plan is to either write a blog or a book.
But for now, here are 5 facts which you didn’t know about me:
1. Art made me leave my country and I’ve only recently realised this.
2. I didn’t get into The Academy of Fine Arts (in Gdansk, Poland) 2 years in the row, but now I am a successful & professional artist.
3. I know what it is like to sleep under the bridge, to be cold, scared and hungry.
4. In my first job in UK I was cleaning toilets and in my last job I was a manager in Harrods for 9 years.
5. I arrived in London 17 years ago with £300 in my pocket and a backpack. I didn’t know anyone and my English was basic. I started from nothing and now I am a multiple property owner without mortgage worries and a thriving artist.
As you probably can tell by now, there is a lot more to my story than you expected. I will start sharing my true story with you in the upcoming months.
If I were to paint your portrait, what would be the 5 facts which people don’t know about you?