Your personal information which I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order or commission I will be working on for you), if you contact me directly.
Marketing emails – just not my thing
I’m not collecting or storing your email address. I won’t be using your email, recording it or passing it on to anyone else.
There is no subscription option on my website and you will not be receiving any marketing emails from Lush Eclectic. I’m an artist and I would rather work on my next project than hassle you with marketing emails.
If you want to see what I’m up to / working on or what promos I might have coming up etc, it is entirely up to you to follow Lush Eclectic on Instagram & Facebook and stay tuned.
How will I contact you and when?
Once I’ve taken your order to the Post Office, you will get a Dispatch Notification message via Etsy letting you know when you can expect the parcel or with a tracking number if you are abroad.
I will also use Etsy Conversations or Instagram DMs / FB messenger to answer any of your questions that you might have regarding your order / my art etc. I won’t be emailing you with any marketing stuff.
What details do I keep?
I will record and collect your Etsy order details, what you’ve ordered, your name and address – these are the basics that I need to get my artwork delivered to you. Your name and address will be passed on to the Post Office / third party delivery service in order to complete delivery. Other than this, your details won’t be revealed to anyone else.
Should there be an unlikely case of your order being lost or damaged upon delivery, I will be passing your order and delivery information details to the Post Office / third party delivery courier to raise a claim.
And now allow me to throw in some more serious sounding jargon…
What are the legal bases I rely on to collect, use, and share your personal information?
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I do not store and process your information through a third-party or / and outside EU. The only exception being if I’m delivering your order outside EU which means that your details will be passed on to the third party delivery service in order to complete your order.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Marta Hutt, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com